Welcome to Our Custom Facility
Julliette’s Place is a contemporary, tri-level welcoming space offering private and shared amenities, with:
- Twelve bedrooms and five washrooms (including ones designated accessible);
- A large combination dining/lounging room; kitchen; and laundry facilities;
- A multi-purpose resource room for youth and women; a playroom with a washroom; and
- An outdoor playground with a basketball court area.
Our policy is to keep families together, so a mother and her children will never be asked to share their assigned room. We also welcome male children over the age of sixteen (16) years of age. The average stay for residents at Julliette’s Place is 8-12 weeks.
What to Expect: On arrival at the shelter one or more of our Women’s Advocates will greet you. After a standard bed bug procedure is completed, you (and your children, if accompanying you) will be offered refreshments, given a tour of the facility, provided with basic care packages and shown to your assigned room. Once you are settled, a Women’s Advocate will meet you to ask some questions and obtain additional information to determine how best to support you.
Within 72 hours of your arrival you will meet with your Primary Worker. This time is designated for you to share any necessary information, learn more about our services, and understand the ways in which we can care for you and your children during this period of transition. At this meeting, with the support of your worker, you will begin the process of re-establishing yourself and your family – one step at a time.
Feel free to ask as many questions as necessary in order to feel comfortable about Julliette’s Place, use of our facilities and most importantly, the services we provide. We understand that this process can seem overwhelming, so please remember we are here to help you – and in over 96 languages, through MCIS Language Services and our committed staff team.
In addition to temporary shelter services, the Julliette’s Place team – often in collaboration with community partners – offers a variety of programs to women and their children:
- Crisis Intervention
- Emotional and other Support Services
- Housing Advocacy
- Life Skills
- Education – Tutoring /Mentoring
- Recreation – Social, Cognitive & Physical
- Support Services for Children
- Parenting Support
- Referrals & Advocacy
- School and Daycare liaison
- Educational, Recreational and Social Programs
- Children’s Groups (groups for children who have witnessed and/or experienced violence)
- Special Events & Celebrations
Homeward Family Shelter (Julliette’s Place)
#219 – 1371 Neilson Road
Financial (cheque) donations may also be mailed to this address; or processed immediately by Credit Card/Pay Pal
Crisis Line: 416-724-1316